Orlando International Airport has tweeted that the new and highly anticipated Terminal C is finally open at Central Florida’s transportation hub.
What is happening:
- The long-awaited and long-awaited day has arrived. Terminal C, the newest terminal and major expansion at Orlando International Airport (MCO) in Orlando, Florida, has officially opened.
- Terminal C, located at 10200 Jeff Fuqua Blvd. South, added 15 gates capable of handling domestic or international operations and accommodating up to 20 aircraft. All gates are also equipped with facial recognition technology for an easier and safer boarding process.
- Aer Lingus, Azul, British Airways, Caribbean, Emirates, Gol, Icelandair, JetBlue, Lufthansa and Norse will operate from the new terminal.
- Terminal C is also adjacent to MCO’s integrated rail-air-ground transportation hub with Brightline intercity rail service to South Florida beginning in 2023.
- The new terminal also houses 80,000 square feet of concession space. Local flavors are provided by several Central Florida brands including Barnie’s Coffee & Tea Co., Provisions by Cask & Larder, Cucina & Co., Orlando Brewing Bar & Bites, Wine Bar George, Olde Hearth Bread Co., Sunshine Diner by Chef Art Smith, Orange County Brewers, Raw Juce and Cask & Larder Public House.
- 12 outlets are also included in Terminal C, including a Walt Disney World outlet (more info here), SeaWorld, City Arts Market, Trip Advisor and Brighton. The official MCO Twitter account also featured a showcase of the new Universal Studios store earlier.
Terminal C also includes:
- Strong regional flavor with more than half of the concepts being local rather than national brands
- PGA Tour & Grill includes a putting green
- Summer House will have a “Florida” vibe with open, airy spaces and greenery
- You may have seen chef Art Smith proudly posting about his new venture “Sunshine Diner”
- There will be several gourmet cafes, including Barnies, Illy and Starbucks
- The three main theme parks will each have exciting, must-see features in their stores
- The Plaza Premium Lounge will feature artwork from the Orlando Museum of Art and silent digital art from Full Sail University
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel arrangements